Five Questions to Ask Before You Buy
- Does this fit my family's lifestyle (pets included)? Rethink a chenille sofa if you have a cat with claws. Exuberant, snack-eating football fans don't mix well with dupioni silk.
- How long do I want to live with this? If you like to stay on top of the latest fashion trends, you may want a change before an item is worn out. Consider how long you want to keep something before you make a sizable investment and plan to update your interior periodically.
- Will it fit through the door? This often overlooked issue leads to a lot of frustration and many returns.
- How will I take care of it? Accidents happen sometimes. Who could predict that your infant son would choose to teethe on the cushion of your leather sofa and chew a hole in it? Buying a protection plan, like Protection 1st, will give you peace of mind and the resources to fix problems when they occur.
- Have I done my research and am I getting the best value? Keep in mind that value doesn't mean cheap. Value means that you are getting the best quality relative to the amount you are paying. To get a good value you need to examine the sturdiness and expected lifespan of an item in addition to its appearance.